|Location:||El Paso, Texas|
Duration: 10/25/2018 - 03/31/2021.
Location: El Paso, TX
The Accountant will be responsible for preparing budgets, forecasting, analyzing financial trends, and budget variance analysis and performs a variety of administrative duties, accounting, analytical and budgeting activities in support of the Agency's accounting functions.
Job Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, public administration, social sciences, or related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of three years' experience in budgeting, forecasting, planning, and budget variance analysis.
- Experience with ERP systems is highly preferred, specifically Microsoft Dynamics or Great Plains.
- Knowledge of chart accounts, general ledger, and internal control policies and procedures is required.
- Must have knowledge and working experience of GAAP and GASB.
- Must have direct working experience preparing ROI reports.
- Experience in real estate or construction is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner (oral and written).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal customers.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are highly desired.
- Must be highly proficient in using the Microsoft Excel, and be moderately proficient using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must be highly self-motivated and take initiative.
- Must be a creative thinker and have strong analytical skills.
- Must be solutions-oriented, innovative and resourceful.
- Must have the ability to champion teamwork by balancing team and individual goals.
- Must have the ability to work independently and objectively, and exercise independent judgment.
- Must have the ability to work successfully with diverse groups and interests.
- Must be detail-oriented and focused on accuracy.
- Must have the ability to evaluate data and maintain records in an organized manner.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism while under pressure related to multiple demands.
- Must have the ability to analyze, review, and complete reports within specific deadlines.
- Must have the ability to effectively negotiate.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize assigned tasks to achieve optimal use of time.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the integrity of general ledger accounts through account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist in the review of financial data, prepare cost analysis, identify cost overruns/discrepancies and recommend corrective action.
- Develop and report metrics and key performance indicators from monitoring and tracking budgets.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, implementation and planning of all budgetary activities for internal and external reporting entities.
- Provide information and assist staff in the implementation of internal controls.
- Prepare P&L reports.
- Compile and enter budget data into internal systems.
- Perform statistical analysis of cash flow and budgets.
- Monitor and evaluate budgets and cash flow for appropriateness and to ensure fiscal solvency and accountability.
- Provide outstanding customer service and partner with cross-functional teams to solve business challenges and implement agency initiatives.
- Resolve escalated issues from internal stakeholders and/or business partners.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group ranging from the Agency's employees (at all levels), and the general public.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and consistently monitored.
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiencies and ensuring adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Mitigate operational risks by establishing, implementing, and updating procedures as needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned