|Location:||Trenton, New Jersey|
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaid; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Junior Accountant Skills and Qualifications: General Math Skills, Accounting, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Coordination, Thoroughness, Quality Focus, Objectivity
|Skill||Required / Desired||Amount||of Experience|
|Applicants must possess a HS diploma. Preference will be given to applicants with an AS/BS in accounting.||Required|
|One year of experience in the preparation, maintenance, and/or review and verification of financial statements.||Required|