ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR MISSION SUPPORT PROJECT CONTROLS / MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Title: ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR MISSION SUPPORT PROJECT CONTROLS / MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Location: Richland , WA
Type: Long term Contract/ Full time
All resources to participate on this statement of work shall be U.S. Citizens and have resumes that demonstrate proficiency in the subject matter areas, as well as the requisite education and experience to perform the tasks delineated, including:
- 8 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with Hanford mission support activities and familiarity with the site mission, activities, and priorities, preferred.
- Proficiency in Budgeting, Cost & Schedule Estimating, Contract and Baseline Performance processes, preferred.
- Experience in Resource Planning & Allocation and Business Management Practices.
- Experience in analysis, tracking, monitoring, assessment, review and coordination.
- Experience in communication and interface skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Outlook.
- Proficiency with reporting systems utilized at RL and HQ, preferred.
- Experience in program and project management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in program and project Risk Identification, Mitigation and Management.
- Experience in estimating and scheduling practices and tools such as P6.
- Experience in oversight of prime contractor baseline planning, including scope definition, schedules, cost estimates, performance reporting, and earned value analysis.
- Proficiency in review of change packages, evaluation of cost estimates and assessment of supporting back-up documentation.
- Proficiency with contractor performance evaluation including verification of scope completion, schedule variance analysis, and cost variance analysis.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Richland Operations (RL), Assistant Manager to the Mission Support (AMMS) requires Project Controls/Management support for the mission enabling infrastructure operations and maintenance activities including security, emergency services, information management, utilities, reliability projects, and other site services.
The contractor shall provide support in the following areas:
- Participate in weekly interface meeting with AMMS Task Monitor to review progress and/or discuss efforts and priorities. Other AMMS sub-organizations or customers may require separate meetings for work planning and progress status.
- Expert-level analysis will be required to consolidate and document the program and project work scope from multiple sources, maintain operational awareness of the capital planning and investment control processes; and reconcile the Integrated Investment Portfolio/Reliability Project Investment Portfolio (IIP/RPIP), RL budget formulation and execution. Products/Expectations include:
o WBS/WBS Dictionary - Expectation: captures and reconciles budget, IIP/RPIP, RL external independent review (EIR) Baseline and Contractor baselines.
o Integrated facilities and infrastructure budget crosscut and Exhibit 300s - Expectation: complies with HQ process and deliverable requirements and milestones.
o Baseline Change Management - Expectation: implements the WBS in the RL and Contractor baselines.
- Expert-level analysis will also be essential to monitoring and control the investment execution as well as defining and documenting performance incentives, as well as periodic status and performance assessments. Expectations include:
o Performance Metrics - Expectation: documents and implements the earned value outcome indicators whereby project success will be recognized.
o Performance Incentives - Expectation: document the completion criteria and fee agreements associated with strategic and high priority work scope to include including performance evaluation.
o Performance Reports - Expectation: documents weekly monthly and quarterly status reviews and assessments.
o Assist with monitoring and analyzing performance using Earned Value Management and other performance management principles to ensure resources are being utilized effectively.
o Recognize and report adverse trends to respective Federal staff to help ensure baseline progress schedules are met.
o Integrate monthly variance analyses through workbook and meetings with input from the contractors and the RL Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for inclusion in routine reporting such as Integrated Planning Accountability and Budgeting System (IPABs Project Analysis Reporting System 2 (PARS 2).
o Support the Federal staff in preparing for program and project reviews and/or other draft presentations to RL Management, Headquarters (HQ) Management, and external parties, etc.
o Provide scheduling support.
o Maintain performance data files.
o Assist with reviews of invoices, baseline submittals, and other contractor change packages.
o Provide support in review and analysis of Independent Government Estimates.
o Assist with baseline reviews, HQ Peer Reviews, and other reviews as required. This includes recommendations and assessments of technical and non-technical project issues.
o Assist with evaluation and review of statements of work and work scope strategy for appropriateness and accuracy.
o Evaluate and review project and program risks to assure currency of risk reports and risk management planning.
o Evaluate current schedule data and analyze the Critical Path schedules.
o Assist with integrated budget request and lifecycle planning.
- Expert-level analysis will be applied to the production and maintenance of all required program and project documentation. Products/Expectations comply with O 413.3 and include:
o Program and Project Execution Plans - Expectation: documents project objectives, funding profiles, requirements, performance parameters, management approach and R2A2s.
o Program and Project Risk Management Plans - Expectations: documents program and project risks and risk handling strategies.
o Risk Register/updates - Expectations: maintains inventory of program and project risks with their likelihood of occurrence, impacts and dispositions.
o Contract Performance Baselines and Performance Measurement Baselines - Expectations: documents the integration of the scope definition and the labor, material and other resource cost estimates with the performance to planned performance and using the following tools;
o Baseline Deviations - Expectation: documents the scope, cost and schedule factors, their impacts and their remedies when actual performance and planned performance vary significantly.
o Issue Management Process - Expectation: documents the process whereby internal and external elements with the potential to impact the project are identified, documented and dispositioned.
o Issue/Change/Contingency etc. Logs - Expectation: provides a convenient record of core information associated with issues, changes, contingency use and other transactions affecting the project.
Work products shall be thorough, accurate, appropriately documented, and comply with established criteria. The Contractor shall ensure that duties are performed in a competent and professional manner that meets milestones/delivery schedules as outlined below;
· Weekly Report. This report will address work accomplished, and deliverable progress to be provided to the technical point of contact.
· Monthly Report. This report will be a combination of the weekly status reports, and shall be submitted with the monthly invoice. The report shall also include;
o Deliverable progress, and date(s) submitted if applicable, submitted within this invoice period.
o Work schedule for Contractor employees, to include any leave taken.