ASSOCIATE ENGINEER - CIVIL
|Location:||San Jose, California|
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER - CIVILDuration: Full Time - 960 hours
The following are desirable experience and expertise for the Project:
- Under general supervision, perform journey level engineering and project management assignments in support of the planning of the PREP.
- Coordinate with District staff and outside agencies on consultant-led activities to include: numerical modeling and analysis, modifications to water rights, preparation of planning study reports, coordination with Caltrans on site access, coordination with utility agencies on project power and coordination of non-environmental permitting.
- Establish rights of entry to properties for field investigations, prepare associated technical documents and coordinate site access.
- Review and comment on work submitted by consultants for conformance with professional codes, standards and District requirements.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings, develop and recommend compliance strategies and exercise sound judgement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a field related to assigned functional area(s) and four (4) years of professional engineering experience OR registration with the State of California as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- MS Office applications, AutoCAD, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat. Good oral and written communication skills.