Business Analyst / Project Manager
Position: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Start Date: September 1st - December with potential to extend Estimated End Date
Primary Work Location: Golden, CO 80401
Interviews: During the week of August 20, 2018.
Description of Work/Need:
* Work in partnership with District personnel to identify and document business needs and provide recommendations for solving business problems utilizing business process improvements and implementation of technical solutions. Collaborate with District personnel and external vendors to manage and implement hardware and software systems that focus on school and instructional environments.
* Define and manage the implementation of process and technical solutions to meet diverse needs of the District, utilizing project management techniques and skills.
* Project schedule management; Communication management; Scope definition management; Issue/Risk management; Budget management; Training and Delivery management; Test planning; Support planning; and Status reporting.
* Work closely with business customers to understand their needs and requirements for implementing technical solutions. Use business analysis techniques to elicit and document all levels of project requirements from business-level to functional specifications. Facilitate customer groups from multiple levels of the District organization.
* Interface with customer and Purchasing teams to support RFP process when required.
* Facilitate and coordinate project-related meetings, including planning, status, and user acceptance training. Act as liaison between technical and non- technical personnel.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; deliver sensitive data to all levels; and ability to effectively facilitate group status and work sessions. Knowledge of K-12 environment, cycles and practices; and understanding and/or experience in public education concepts.
* Ability to build relationships with peers, potential customers and District executive management; and maintain these relationships. Work collaboratively and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds; and ability to train /coach users on new/existing systems.
* Aptitude or skill and experience in business process reengineering techniques and methods; requirements development, with the ability to understand business and technology requirements associated with complex technical projects; development of high-level project plans with accurate projections; skill building data flow and reporting diagrams; understanding processes following the analysis phase including project planning, scope and risk management; and change control processes, development, testing, implementation and quality assurance.
* Ability to identify needs for project advocacy, and communicate to and engage appropriate stakeholders; and assist with the development of customer acceptance criteria when appropriate.
* Knowledge of available methodologies and techniques in Software Development LifeCycle and Project Management. Skills in Human Resources management (hiring, coaching, evaluating and directing).
* Basic knowledge of MS Office products required for hire