Duration: 9 Months
Location: Springfield, Illinois
The primary duties of the Business Intelligence Professional shall include but not be limited to:
- Serving as a technical advisor in planning the technology and data infrastructure the IDOR - DAP will need over its nine-month period of the contract.
- Communicating daily with the IDOR – DAP and functioning as an available resource to its staff.
- Developing a system of performance indicators and dashboards that communicate the state of the departments operations to key stakeholders.
- Leading discussions with the collections, audit and account processing areas to document the performance measurement approach used to date.
- Working in conjunction with each of these program areas to define the basis of measurement for the performance of that area.
- Working with the IDOR - DAP to produce a series of dashboards that track and communicate the newly formed performance indicators.
- Working with the IDOR - DAP to insure the dashboards can be updated and maintained after the resource has completed their contract with the agency.
- Coordinating with and supporting the Project Manager as he/she develops a recommended workflow for the IDOR - DAP.
- Making recommendations on what best practices in data analytics the IDOR - DAP should adopt.
- Working on data analytics projects identified by the Project Manager and agency staff.
- At the Agencies request, the Business Intelligence Professional assignments will expand to other program areas beyond Audit, Collections, and Account Processing. This will include identifying performance measures and developing reporting dashboards.
Qualifications of Business Intelligence Professional
- Minimum 2 years of experience in tax administration or a closely related field.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in the field of data analytics and business intelligence.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Information systems, data analytics, computer science, statistics, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with Power BI and Tableau.
- Certifications in Power BI and Tableau preferred.