CA - Construction Planner I
- Job Classification:Technical Operations - Construction & Planning
- Job Title:CA - Construction Planner I
- Description:CONSTR: Constructs, builds, repairs, and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks to provide voice, video, and data to residential and commercial customers. Coordinates with other utilities for permits, joint trench, pole applications, and service issues. -Construction Planner I -Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction. -Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor. -Coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes. -Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project. -Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects. -Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating (revenue-delete) cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets. -Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses. -Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets. -Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs. -Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or ROW agreements, completes route designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs. -May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices. -May plan and allocate fibers for splicing and activation. -May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments. -Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceabilitity. -As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of project. Typical Training / Experience - HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Entry level support role requiring basic skills; can perform some of the basic tasks within the function; some impact at the job or department level Problem Complexity - Performs simple, routine work; Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction; Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Any deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor/manager Autonomy - Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment; Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor/manager Knowledge - Assignments require minimal knowledge
- Additional Information:
- Will the candidate(s) work 100% remote or 100% onsite or temporarily remote ONLY during the pandemic?
2. Do candidates need to be local to interview?
- preferably within an hour commute from Santa Barbara
3. What are your top 3-5 MUST HAVEs OR REQUIRED skillset?
- Strong PC, light construction knowledge, Moderate to strong CATV knowledge.
4. Is this position a driving role?
- Yes, 30% for pre-field and field inspections (will be driving on vehicle)
5. Will the resource be acting in a supervisory role?
- In the sense of overseeing construction placement at the project level.
6. Is this a safety sensitive position (ex, warehouse and other positions that require driving)? N
- Yes, Hard Hat and safety vest will be required.
7. Worksite Zip Code?
- 93117, 93110, 93105, 93101, 93108 (22 S. Fairview Ave, Goleta CA 93117)
8. What is the shift going to be?
- Day shift
9. Is this contract to perm?
10. Potential for Extension?
11. Will this 40 hours work week? And Will there be OT required?
- 40 hrs, some OT may be required
12. Interview process
- Panel Interview, by outside plant supervisor and manager
13. When will you start interviewing?
14. When is the anticipated start date?
15. When is the end date of the project?
- Tentatively March 2023