|Location:||St. Louis, MO, Missouri|
Location:- ST. Louis, MO
Java Developer with 10 - 15 years of Mainframe application development (Cobol, Cobol II, Enterprise Cobol syntax and compiler functions) experience is required. Highly motivated, always learning and willing to partner with their leadership team, project teams, and clients to solve complex IT and business problems. They have a positive attitude that sets the tone for their team. Most importantly, they embrace unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our team through collaboration, group work and peer review. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The individual will be reporting to the program manager.
KEY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
· Design, develop, and extend high performance, test-driven code that meets requirements and is scalable and maintainable
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
· Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle.
· Leading and mentoring other engineers as well as liaising with other parts of the business.
· Provide Hands-on problem solving with a willingness to do whatever it takes to complete an objective.
· Wisely develop practical solutions, sometimes even at the expense of purity.
· Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
· Worked in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
· Bachelors degree in any discipline required
· Experience in designing and developing applications using COBOL, COBOL II, Enterprise COBOL syntax and compiler functions
· Experience in batch and online concepts
· Experience in below mainframe environment, processes, and tools
o TSO/ ISPF
o Job control Language (JCL)
o SDSF System Display & Search Facility
· Experience in the below Database tools
o IDMS, Oracle, Sequel Server
o Query Tools (Culprit, Easytrieve, OLQ)
· Knowledge of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA, ALM preferred
· Passion for ensuring systems are easy to deploy, operate and maintain