Configuration Management Specialist
|Location:||Bethesda MD, Maryland|
Position: Configuration Management Specialist
Location: Bethesda MD
Clearance :Top Secret/ SCI
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of configuration management planning, controlling, accounting, auditing, configuration life cycle management processes and policy in an Agile, continuous delivery environment. Day-to-Day duties include:
· Update CM Plan and SOPs to reflect change from SharePoint to Service Manager and move to Agile, continuous delivery environment
· Update processes including Status Accounting and Auditing
· Keep track of software licenses
· Participate in Quarterly CM meetings with FBI Headquarters
· Provide follow-up with development team for CM related items such as CRs and Track-it tickets
· Must have knowledge of industry CM software/hardware tools and systems
· Must be familiar with tools used for defect bug tracking.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with SharePoint as used for software version control.
· Must have understanding of Microsoft suite of tools (MSDN), specifically TFS and Visual Studio
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency on tools used for Application Life-cycle Management (ALM) and Electronic Communications (EC) documentation. Experience with FBI Sentinel desired.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in planning, scheduling, and conducting projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations.
· Must be able to adapt analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity. This may include performing alternative analysis, trade off studies, and gap analysis.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in preparing project papers and staff reports including providing daily and weekly inputs for CM activities.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in organizing and delivering briefings to managers to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations. Experience leading CCB meetings desired.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in conducting detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes.
· Must be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and technical personnel.
· Good understanding of software development architecture in an engineering environment.
Minimum Education & Experience
· Master's degree in Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines with four years of relevant experience; OR
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines with six years of relevant experience; OR
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Visio.
· Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
· Relevant experience in configuration management processes.
· Configuration Management Certification preferred.