Construction Planner I
|Location:||San Diego, California|
Coordinates Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC), network upgrade and new build construction projects. Performs field site surveys, creates efficient route designs and estimates costs. Plans network splicing for coax and fiber optic networks projects. May obtain access and right-of-way agreements where applicable. Coordinates permitting, pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles. Inspects HFC Plant
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Performs field site surveys of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
- Coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating (revenue-delete) cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or Right of Way agreements, completes route designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices.
- May plan and allocate fibers for splicing and activation.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
- Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of project.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Technical Operations, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of < microsoft="" word,="" excel="" and="" workflow="">
- Excellent: interpersonal, organizational, time management, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. telecommunications or Business
- Experience in Outside Plant Overhead and Underground practices and procedures
- Experience in Cost Estimating Outside Plant Construction projects
- Experience in Project management
- Familiarity or Public Right of Way, property rights and permit
- Knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience Managing multiple Prime Contractors
The candidate must have the following resources: 1. Transportation suitable for field work and construction sites. 2. Cell phone (smart phone) 3. Approved safety equipment i.e. hard hat, steel toed boots, safety vest, protective eye wear.