- Description:COMKNO: Develops and directs customer care processes, methods and procedures, knowledge management and communication strategies. Provides call center personnel with up-to-date information on products, services, processes, tariffs, rates, features, and troubleshooting techniques by collecting and disseminating information, methods, and procedures via web-enabled electronic knowledge databases. 1-Provides strategic planning and message development for media that reaches employees, executive communications and support of major business initiatives; may perform technical upkeep and content management of the knowledge center database; 2-Monitors web-based communications feedback from field or customer care groups for resolution or appropriate escalation processes as defined by the quality control group, and updates and maintains information databases; 3-Develops and provides web content for internal and external users. Develops content of Web site; oversees/reviews/corrects all Web content, both internal and external. Establishes links and flow of information on and between Web pages. Edits and designs pages. Responsible for conducting website editorial activities including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site; 4-Coordinates and prioritizes tasks and activities related to ensuring timely dynamic online support content; 5-Manages implementation of various projects related to Customer Care across the field systems and/or corporate office including billing system upgrades, acquisitions, and database integration projects. Develops project plan, establishes milestones and benchmarks, and facilitates project team; 6-Analyzes trouble call issues for assigned products/services, partners with subject matter experts to determine the causes of problems, recommends improved processes, tools, training, and tracks/communicates results and performance; 7-Serves as point of contact for systems and locations regarding product launches, enhancements, and major initiatives. Communicates customer care needs to training, quality, and other internal teams. Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal departments, systems, and key personnel; 8-Represents call center operations by attending product, process, and cross-functional meetings and conference calls with corporate office and local operations systems. Coordinates projects driven by new product/service launches and process changes; 9-Ensures that department portals are formatted and updated to meet specific needs of the customer care departments. Typical Training / Experience - Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline; Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification required in some areas Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Seasoned professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field; May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to department, area, and, at times, business unit results Problem Complexity - Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field; Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems Autonomy - Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions; Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues Knowledge - Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization's technologies and practices Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) rather than managing people. Greater than 50% of time is doing individual contributor work No responsibility for developing and managing operating plans/budgets Influence/People Leadership - May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.; Contributes to employees' professional development, but does not have hiring or firing authority
- Additional Information:
- Is this position remote? Yes
- Is the position a driving role? No
- Will the resource be acting in a supervisory role? No
- Is this a safety sensitive position? (InfoMart requirement) - Warehouse and other positions requiring driving. No
- Worksite (Home if role is remote) Zip Code (InfoMart requirement)- Home
- Please provide your top 5 must haves for this role-
- Self-Starter able to manage project requests independently
- Experienced in instructional content authoring
- Proficiency in HTML (not master level)
- Experience working with a copy editor and authoring style guide
Provides national support for enterprise-wide customer contact personnel and external customers with up-to-date information on all products, services, processes, tariffs, rates, features and troubleshooting techniques. Authors, collects and disseminates information using various communications and knowledge management tools to ensure customer information on Cox.com and KEY agent knowledgebase is accurate and up-to-date and that customer contact personnel are able to articulate the correct information, processes and procedures to external customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Author, Update and Disseminate Information
- Create enterprise support content and announcements for customer contact representatives (primarily through KEY) and customers (primarily through Cox.com), using approved authoring tools, standards and processes.
- Manages content throughout its lifecycle including gathering, creating, auditing/reviewing, updating and retiring information needed for frontline representatives to effectively support and serve customers. Information includes but is not limited to products, features, services, troubleshooting techniques, tariffs, rates, sales campaigns and promotions and competitive issues in the marketplace.
- Collaborates with peers, boundary partners and functional experts to create, update and disseminate standardized job aids, methods and procedures, standards and other information in support of product launches and other programs and initiatives affecting customers and frontline support.
- Collaborates with peers and other teams to ensure appropriate alignment of content across communications channels and functions.
- Proactively monitors agent feedback tools and solicits feedback from customer contact personnel to enhance the usability and accuracy of information and communications. Researches alternatives and proposes improvement recommendations to leadership for enhancements to communications and knowledge center tools.
- Functions as an enterprise contact for designated regional and functional teams outside of Care - including Public Affairs, Marketing, Product and Technology/Engineering teams - to coordinate, prioritize and support timely communications to all affected frontline Care teams and content development for knowledge management tools
- 5 or more years of experience required in a content authoring role
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and HTML
- Excellent content organization and writing proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, peer leadership, presentation, collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired, such as English, Marketing, or Journalism
- Experience in Wireless or telecommunications industry supporting residential and/or business customers
- 3+ years successful experience in a content authoring role