- Reviews, redlines, drafts identified contracts. Ensures compliance with new laws (HIPAA) and System policies (Record Retention Policy). Assists with educating System departments in applicable laws and System policies and procedures. Assists administration in identifying methods of process improvement.
- Produces written documents containing complete and accurate terms and conditions of a business relationship that benefit the System by identifying, reducing, shifting or eliminating risk.
- Serves as liaison for construction, review, and conclusion of contract language. Ensures compliance with current organization policies, Lease Policy, Employee Loan, Sign-on Bonus and Retention Incentives Policy, and laws, rules, regulations, and utilizes legal resources (Westlaw, C.F.R., U.S.C.) to ensure governmental and regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensures contracts contain an offer, acceptance, and consideration confirming all elements required to be a legal, binding document are present. Negotiates terms of the agreement with non-Organization representatives as requested by the administration and balance requests against Organization requirements to ensure contract serves the best interests of the Organization.
- Maintains precise documentation of contractual records and retention of resolutions for future situations. Produces adequate supporting documentation and maintains accurate records of work performed. Maintains accurate records of important contracting reference materials (e.g. Authorized Signers Policy).
- Communicates regularly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.