Data Center Engineer
Looking for a new Data Center Engineer Engagement? Experis, part of Client Group, is recruiting for a Data Center Engineer role for a client in the Sterling, Virginia. Strong preference for the candidate to be located on the East Coast. You can see it: you're working in a position where you're empowered to do new things in new ways. Where you can use your smarts to make a difference in a variety of projects. Where you'll have opportunities for growth. You're also earning pay worthy of your expertise and can depend on a full benefits package. If that's your vision, Experis has work for you.
Participate in a team effort on customer-driven, data center focused, solutions testing. Contribute within that team as the technical expert for Data Center sub-components of the overall solution test in many related technologies (server management, virtualization, data center switching, storage area networks, user management, etc.). Responsibilities will include test bed construction, equipment configuration, test case creation and execution, test plan and results documentation.
- Data Center operational and test expertise with Cisco UCS and Nexus switching products
- Data Center operational and test expertise with storage solutions (SAN, Fibre Channel, FCoE)
- Data Center and Desktop/Client virtualization (VMware vCenter, VMware View, VMware AppVolumes, etc.)
- In-depth familiarity with: Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Active Directory Federated Service (ADFS), Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), Single-Sign On (SSO), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Domain Name System (DNS), X.509 and Certificate Authority (CA) configuration in Microsoft Server
- Skills in server knowledge: Windows Server, Unix, Linux
- Strong inter-personal skills in teamwork, team-building, and direct customer interface
- Test Plan and Test Report development, execution, and documentation (writing skills)
Strongly preferred: CCIE Data Center
- Hands-on experience with cli-based equipment configuration; numerous devices
- Test tool configuration and operation (Spirent Test Center or similar, Several Cisco test tools)
- Experience in "cloud " enablement; standing up IaaS, SaaS network deployments
- Expertise in Data Center related technologies (Migration to virtualized DC, Hypervisors, VDI, thin client, zero client, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet, InfiniBand, etc.)
- Experience with Data Center related products (Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco UCS Director, Citrix XenApp, XenServer, XenCenter; NetApp Data OnTap, VNX Unisphere)
- Test scripting / automation (Python, C, PERL, Tcl)
- Production network server configuration: AD, ADFS, SAML, SSO, DNS, NTP, OpenSSL, CA Server, OCSP, X.509
Four-year college degree in Computer Science (or similar)
TCP/IP Network training
Cisco Network Certifications (i.e., CCNA, CCIE, CISSP, CCNP, CCDA, etc.)
US Citizen, and citizen of US only (non-US citizens do not apply). In addition, Secret Clearance is the minimum requirement, but TS SCI is highly preferred.
You can see it. More challenging work. A more interesting work environment. The opportunity to use your finely honed skills to make a real difference. And to collect pay that reflects your talent and expertise. If this is what you see for yourself, you need to talk to Experis. Besides gaining valuable experience with some of the most reputable organizations in the market, you'll gain access to our comprehensive benefits package. We've got the right opportunity. Tell us why you're the right person! Apply today.