Duration: 9 Months
Location: Springfield, Illinois
The primary duties of the Data Scientist shall include but not be limited to:
- Serving as a technical advisor in planning the technology and data infrastructure the
- IDOR - DAP will need over its lifespan.
- Communicating daily with the IDOR - DAP and functioning as an available resource to its staff.
- Coordinating with and supporting the Project Manager as they develop a recommended
- workflow for the IDOR - DAP.
- Making recommendations on what best practices in data analytics the IDOR - DAP should adopt.
- Working on data analytics projects identified by the Project Manager and agency staff.
- Throughout the eight-month engagement, the Project Manager will work in conjunction with
- the Data Scientist to consult with the Audit Bureau on their operations. The Project Manager
- and Data Scientist will be expected to lead regular consulting sessions with the Audit staff.
- The goal of these consultation sessions will be to Client and document operational issues in the Audit area and consider potential resolutions/solutions available using data analytics.
- When the Project Manager and Data Scientist identify an issue that can be resolved by applying data analytics, the Data Scientist will work with the Audit area to develop and document a use case.
- It will be the responsibility of the Data Scientist to guide the documented analytics use case to completion.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in tax administration or a closely related field.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in the field of data analytics and business intelligence.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Information systems, data analytics, computer science, statistics, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining descriptive, predictive and prescriptive data analytics models. Must demonstrate a command of topics including but not limited to: descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, Regression analysis, binomial analysis, decision trees, machine learning, algorithms and neural networks.
- PhD in these fields preferred