Title: Database Administrator
Client: Federal Agency
Location: New Cumberland PA
Position Type: Full-Time, Salary + Benefits
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /backend programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Must possess IT-II or Secret (Interim/Full) or higher clearance.
- Security+ CE or an IAT II certification.
- MCSA or MCSE
- Experience of database query languages such as Oracle, PL SQL, SQL Server, and MS Access. Also has hands-on experience and expertise in Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experience also shall include capability to work on various operating systems and additional programming languages.
- Has experience including responsibilities of administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer database.