|Location:||Fort Lee, Virginia|
Title: Database Administrator
Location: Fort Lee, VA
Duration: Full Time
Clearance: Secret or higher
Job Description: Database Administrator
Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Office Product Suite to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Visio in US Government Project Environment. Must have strong leadership skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills. BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline with minimum of IAT Level One accreditation with 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration. Degree may be substituted for 4 additional years' experience.
Database administration (DBA) responsibilities include: all related analytical, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation tasks associated with the creation / management of DBMS. As such, candidate must be well versed in database schemas and database models. Responsibilities also encompass developing / managing QA and CM plans for the database; conducting performance analysis and scalability analysis to include developing performance or stress testing scenarios and capacity planning; developing configuration scripts to integrate into existing system and architecture; upgrading database software and potentially evaluating various database alternatives. Assists in the design of user interfaces and business application prototypes. Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in web-based environment. Database analysis tasks will include devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database or universe. Participate in and lead requirements / design formal inspections to ensure that documents are completely understood by all stakeholders. Develop data models, data transfer scripts, and database schema as required. Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model. As a senior member of the staff, may be required to lead task teams and coordinate / communicate with other task leads as appropriate.
The DBA is responsible for database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. The candidate will provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. The candidate will ensure economic and efficient availability of data within adequate safeguards. Responsibilities include:
· Ensure data integrity and availability
· Design data distribution and data logging / archiving solutions
· Ensure database security, including backups & disaster recovery
· Plan and implement application and data provisioning
· Design and implementation of indexing and partitioning strategies
· Design and implementation of disaster recovery strategies
· Creation of scripts for automating DBA related tasks
· Perform Database performance tuning
· Ensure highest level of security to protect the database from unauthorized access
· Provide database development support to software developers
· Write/maintain database documentation
· Maintain all database related code/object changes in a source code control environment
· Create deployment scripts to move database changes from development to test and to production
· Analyze and report on database performance
· Produce entity relationship & data flow diagrams, database normalization schemata,
logical to physical database maps, and data table parameters.
· Design and configure relational database objects
· Design, deploy and monitor database servers.