Title: F5 Engineer
Client: Department of Energy
Location: Germantown, MD
• The individual will field or assist in the fielding of F5 Hardware/Software and Cisco networking architecture and solutions. In addition, the candidate will be required to serve as a subject matter expert/TIER 3 expert in the assigned area of responsibility. The individual must be familiar with F5 networking products, technologies and concepts. The candidate must have familiarization with engineering, administrating, and securing various Cisco networking solutions and applications.
• Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture.
• Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues.
• Analyze network alarms and identify sources.
• Troubleshoot F5 configuration issues.
• Troubleshoot traffic through the F5s.
• Troubleshoot application monitors
• 5 years of F5 experience
• 5 years of Enterprise Level experience in Cisco Network Engineering Support
• U.S citizen with ability to obtain government background check
• Enterprise Level experience in Cisco Network Engineering Support.
• 5+ years of experience engineering, design and implementation in Cisco networking hardware
• Technical degree relevant to position description
• Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills