|Description:|| ||Client is seeking experienced Fork Truck Mechanics to support our 2nd shift operations and maintenance team within a 1-million square foot distribution center in Aberdeen, MD!|
These positions are responsible for ensuring the facility's material handling equipment ( electric forklifts, electric carts and floor scrubbing equipment ) is repaired and maintained in a timely manner.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 3:00 PM – 11:30PM.
- Weekend and/or holiday coverage may be required to support critical business needs.
- We offer comprehensive training, upward mobility, and challenging assignments every day!
- Come join our team!
Requires proficiency in performing advanced diagnosis and major repairs on industrial equipment, including but not limited to Crown walkie riders, Crown counterbalance trucks, Crown stock pickers, golf carts, and floor scrubbers.
This position entails use of industrial tools and equipment (such as cranes and hoists) and excellent working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Preventive maintenance on equipment is also required.
- Must be able to provide training, mentoring, and evaluation in forklift maintenance for lower level technicians.
- Performs advanced diagnosis and major repairs on industrial equipment.
- Provides training, mentoring, and evaluation in forklift maintenance for lower level technicians.
- Maintains professional and courteous customer relations including, client, vendor, and internal team.
- Actively participates in safety meetings. Maintains safety work practices as define by Client
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to electronically and computer controlled automated equipment, utility equipment, facilities, etc.
- Removes, repairs and replaces motors, pumps, drive unit and brake systems.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Changes tires using hydraulic press.
- Uses welding equipment.
- Completes daily work logs with detailed information on a timely basis.
- Ensures that work orders and monthly PM's are completed as required.
- Communicates and advises MHE related concerns to fellow employees and management.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of fork truck maintenance experience, including 2 years of electric forklift repair and maintenance experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends and holidays, when required.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- No relocation assistance available.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time and frequent bending, twisting, reaching and turning.
- Requires ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to move heavy objects, such as motors, etc. (may be more than 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to work from heights, ladders and elevated platforms.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Keyboard skills and visual activity associated with the use of keyboards and terminals.
- Must be able to respond to emergency alarms.
- Requires the ability to operate forklifts, power and hand material moving equipment.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Associate's degree or technical school diploma in automotive or mobile equipment repair, or a related skilled trades program.
- Experience in electric forklift repair/maintenance and hydraulic repair/maintenance.
- Experience safely using welding equipment and diagnostic/calibration equipment.
- Training and/or work experience with industrial tools and equipment, including cranes and hoists.
- Basic knowledge of all hand tools, most power tools, and volt/amps/ohm test meters.
- Familiarity with distribution center and/or warehouse operations a plus.
- Hours/schedule subject to change based on business needs.