HCA Housekeeper I:
Perform a variety of semi-skilled housekeeping duties such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning patient rooms, etc..
Description: HCA Housekeeper I; to assist with EVS transition for North Tower
Under direction, maintains cleanliness of assigned areas within hospital and/or other healthcare facilities; performs related duties as required.
This classification is characterized by the responsibility to perform custodial services within assigned area(s) of the hospital and/or other healthcare facility.
This classification is distinguished from the Custodian series by its specialization in healthcare facilities with respect to maintenance of cleanliness and sanitary standards.
This classification is distinguished from HCA Housekeeper II in that the latter has responsibility for serving in a lead capacity over incumbents in this classification.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Washes and/or scrubs and disinfects restroom fixtures, drinking fountains, clinic/patient care furniture/equipment, windows and screens, blinds, walls, light fixtures, showers and tubs using a variety of cleaning agents and equipment; replenishes lavatory supplies and cleaning materials .
* Cares for and cleans floors by sweeping, mopping, stripping, sealing, waxing, and buffing floor areas; ensures public safety in work area by posting notices, roping
off areas to passage or other such methods.
* Vacuums, shampoos, spot cleans and/or deep steam cleans carpets and upholstered furniture; moves furniture incidental to cleaning activities.
* Dusts, polishes and cleans desks, tables, shelves, cabinets, woodwork and other furniture.
* Collects and disposes of recycled materials, medical waste and/or trash.
* Replaces soiled draperies and cubicle curtains; distributes laundered articles and linen.
* Keeps work station, utility or storage rooms and equipment clean and in orderly condition; prepares work activity logs and initiates requests to replenish supplies,repair equipment and other such activities; services and makes minor repairs to tools and equipment.
* Performs laboring activities related to preparing for facility use, making hospital beds, cleaning entrance ways and public use areas outside buildings and other such activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
Ability to: learn the methods of cleaning and caring for hospital facilities; read and apply
written directions regarding the use of machines and cleaning solutions; understand
and follow verbal instructions; learn to use and operate custodial tools and equipment;
wash walls, windows, restrooms; remove and handle disposal of recycled material,
medical waste and trash; work independently; learn and apply cleanliness and sanitary
standards; recognize and correct unsafe conditions; establish and maintain cooperative
working relationships; demonstrates tact and diplomacy in working with patients, the
public and the professional staff.
Independent travel between assigned facilities may involve driving; therefore positions
allocated to this class may require possession of a valid California driver license.
To qualify for this classification, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
An example of a qualifying education/experience is:
No experience required; however, some housekeeping or custodial experience in a hospital, health clinic or other healthcare facility is desirable.
* Incumbents must be able to perform manual labor associated with facility cleaning work which may involve lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and include the full range of body movements (reaching, bending, grasping and climbing).
* Most of the work is indoors and in a healthcare environment which includes exposure to environmental hazards including communicable disease.