IT Program Manager
|Location:||White Plains, New York|
Duration: 12 Months
Interview: Depending on the hiring manager
Location: White Plains, NY 10601 (Westchester county)
- Monday through Friday
- 8-hour day consisting of 7.5 workday plus a .5 unpaid lunch.
- Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
- Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
- Contingent worker is required to badge in and out of the Main Lobby turnstiles for all daily entrances and exits.
This role will support client's Information Technology department. The program manager would provide a single channel of communication charged with managing project intake and the due diligence necessary to evaluate and advance IT projects and programs for IT as a business unit. This will include building alliances within IT and with the supporting functions in the enterprise that enable project execution.
The ideal candidate should be flexible and well-rounded with IT infrastructure and program management experience.
The program manager is required to work onsite at White Plains office. Work at home or virtual site is prohibited.
Functions and Responsibilities
The services and deliverables for the role will be provided under the direction of the Senior Director of Strategy and Planning or his designated representative(s). The projects worked on would include but are not limited to IT infrastructure (networking, hardware, data research, mobile devices, etc.), Cyber Security, Data Platforms, and Middleware.
- Planning and Prioritization:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the needs of NYPA's IT department.
- Collaborate with IT leaders to prioritize technology investments. Participate in conceptualization, evaluation, and implementation of IT strategies, plans, and priorities for Information Technology systems development, maintenance, and operations to support and meet company objectives.
- Lead and facilitate planning sessions related to management, delivery, and monitoring of requests.
- Technology Innovation Intake:
- Assist IT leaders with defining business objectives of initiatives via business cases, analyze current work processes pertaining to these objectives, identify areas for process changes, research and recommend viable technology solutions, develop project cost estimates, and document the initiatives cost justification of Return of Investment (ROI).
- Strategic Alignment:
- Work with IT Enterprise Architecture and Business Relationship Managers to map required business outcomes to the planning and implementation of new technology.
- Coordinate cross-functional IT teams to develop the business case, solutions, and approvals to prioritize and implement required technology.
- Drive efforts to address common department challenges and identify strategic opportunities for shared services.
- Communications and Relationship Building:
- Engage in significant interaction at senior management levels.
- Communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences (e.g., senior management, client community, peers and junior associates).
- Develop relationships with individuals inside and outside of the department.
- Deliver difficult messages and express disagreement with others with confidence and self-control.
- Address challenges to technical recommendations and influence other to change their approach and work collectively to implement new/difficult challenges.
- Gain support from related stakeholders for the technology direction and champion the migration towards the new technology.
- The ability to articulate technology strategic concepts, roadmaps, principles and effective plans.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and elicit details at all levels.
- Proven experience or demonstrated proficiency in the following areas: building trusted partnerships; IT business process analysis; information or requirements gathering; and understanding and communicating on technology delivery and solutions.
- An understanding of data and information service-oriented architectures.
- Broad knowledge of disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management strategies and technologies
- Develop and guide the implementation of business-aligned IT strategic plans
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate policy and business strategy
- Demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to think laterally and constructively question established process
- The ability to identify and describe the relationship between artifacts. Artifacts are a description of a collection of entities that describe an enterprise. These entities include business functions, business process, organization structure, business systems, computing capabilities and technical infrastructure
- Excellent high impact presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Project Management Certification is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years (or a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders) of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various program or projectsMin