Position: IT Specialist
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Duration: Full Time
Required:-Security+ certification with a Microsoft (MS) Windows operating system computing environment certification
· Review and implement new technologies for network management and information accessibility
· Perform equipment installations, peripheral connections, installation and deletion of software consistent with standard configurations and/or established policies.
· Configure, modify, optimize and perform basic configuration management functions for software and hardware.
· Perform initial system diagnostics and trouble-shooting. Identify problems and resolve hardware/software/network malfunctions.
· Provide minor software and hardware maintenance, such as component replacement and/or upgrading components and installing software updates and patches. Replacement parts will be provided by the Government.
· Manage and administer all mobile devices, laptops, and computers (wired, docked, and wireless).
· Optimize servers and their services to better meet customer needs; e.g., assigning user profiles, defining printer access, and setting up user restrictions. With the assistance of the Government, document ownership of applications and authorize access.
· Provide basic software application assistance for commonly used office automation applications.
· Coordinate support issues with all agencies.
· Work with the Base Network Control Center (NCC) and organization Computer Systems Security Officers (CSSOs) to implement network security policies and procedures.
· Provide the ADPE custodian required information on all equipment moves within two working days.
· The contractor shall utilize the Government provided helpdesk software (Remedy).
· Prepare, document, and maintain a review of hardware and software license and maintenance agreement inventories.