Overall Position Summary and Objectives The purpose of this position is to independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the client. The primary objective is to provide support services to implement expansion and promote adoption of CREx to participating ICs of the client's Intramural IRP.
Resume Max Pages
Certifications & Licenses
- Ph.D. in a biology, chemistry, or related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in biology or related field.
- Minimum of six months related experience on project management or experience in supporting roll out of a major electronic database across a complex organization.
- Minimum six months program management and science administration experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- MS Office
- Information Sciences
- Miscellaneous Biology
- Work products and documents to Identify the capabilities of client's IRP Core laboratories, collaborative facilities, and thousands of exter-nal biotechnology partners, and summarizing them in CREx - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents to identify Seamlessly search, request, manage, and purchase research services and products - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents relating to analyzing data from a wide range of sophisticated technologies - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents relating to working with the scientific staff to define key questions emerging from research projects in basic, translational, and clinical. - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to Providing weekly meeting summaries, updates in writing or orally to the COR. - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to generating monthly usage reports on CREx adoption by I/Cs that are communicated to POCs. - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to semi-annual reports on IRP-wide adoption of the platform that are communicated to the OIR. - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to quarterly I/C POC meetings recording agenda items, discussions and action items that ensue, and that are communicated to the POC group. - Ad-Hoc
Develops project management documentation.
- Conduct the expansion and adoption of the client's Collaborative Research Exchange (CREx) to participating ICs of the client's IRP.
- Schedule monthly user group training sessions in coordination with I/C Points of Contact (POCs) and CREx site manager from Scientist.com to enable vendor to perform training.
- Conduct trainings for small user groups or individual users from participating I/Cs
- Plan and implement roll-outs and trainings sessions to users from new I/Cs joining the platform, in coordination with the Site Manager and I/C POC.
- Coordinate and conduct trainings sessions for Core/Facility Managers from participating I/Cs.
- Schedule Core/Facility Manager training sessions in coordination with I/C POCs and CREx site manager from Scientist.com to enable vendor to perform trainings.
- Conduct trainings for small groups or individual Core/Facility Managers from participating I/Cs
- Implement an automated online workflow to request and receive quarterly updates on latest capabilities of IRP Core/Facilities to populate. This will include following up with core labs that do not respond.
- Plan and implement rollouts and training sessions to Core Managers from new I/Cs joining the platform, in coordination with the Site Manager and I/C POC.
- Implement plans to improve the CREx functionality by tying it to other client's IT procurement sys-tems (e.g., POTS and AMBIS) and providing general support for management of the client's /Scientist.com contract.
- Responsible for shepherding requests for research services and resources submitted by scientists across the IRP, requiring a broad knowledge of advanced technologies offered through Cores/Facilities sup-porting research within client's, as well as scientific services being offered by biotechnology vendors in the commercial sector.
Monitors and reports progress to project owners.
- Establish and follow up on all assigned tasks and correspondence to ensure that timely completion of all tasks and/or deadlines is met.
Conducts project analysis and reports to upper management.
- In coordination with CREx Site Manager from Scientist.com, develop monthly reports summarizing CREx usage statistics, Core Manager adoption, response time and other relevant platform adoption metrics for each I/C.
- This includes drafting semi-annual reports on IRP-wide adoption of the platform that will be presented to the Office of Intramural Research (OIR) or to their designated surrogate (e.g., the client Shared Resources Subcommittee (SRS) to the client's Scientific Directors.
- Participate in partnership development activities between CCR investigators and biotechnology com-panies developing cutting-edge technologies and scientific resources, which will provide exposure to a broad range of scientific questions and innovative research strategies
Develops and tracks project budgets.
- Conduct close out reviews before the end of the contract performance period to gauge current adoption and identify areas for improvement
Researches project management best practices and new industry standards.
- Help implement further development of CREx in coordination with the Site manager and key stakeholders of complementary IRP and I/C electronic systems.
- Coordinate and help develop marketing and communications strategies pertaining to CREx by engaging with communications and marketing specialists affiliated with Office of Intramural Research (OIR), IRP and OSTR. Marketing materials include developing materials (posters, handouts, etc.) and web and other social media content pertaining to CREx.
Provides subject matter expertise and support to other project managers.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with I/C POC group to discuss adoption across the IRP, identify areas for improvement, and determine priorities for linking the platform to other IRP and I/C electronic systems, including but not restricted to purchasing, core request and other project management systems.
- Meet weekly with the Project Officer to discuss written progress reports and to prioritize monthly goals.