Position : Help Desk Specialist
Location : Vienna VA
Shift- 1st – 6am to 2.30 PM
Minimum of Active Top Secret clearance required , willing to get SCI
• Create tickets with basic user information and forward to the Tier 1 Service desk queue for further evaluation.
• Answer initial calls for all user issues at the including IT, Security and Facilities issues in the building.
• Monitor ticketing queue and work on assigned tickets.
• Resolve all issues based on priority for unclassified and classified networks.
• Communicate effectively with users and update tickets with all relevant information.
• Escalate issues to leadership as needed including after hours and weekend sending emails and calling on call support.
• Support on-site shift operations 24/7/365.
• Maintain access to email accounts, mailboxes, distribution groups, personal storage tables (PSTs) and calendars.
• Assist with hardware decommissioning.
• Connect printers to applicable network.
• Serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, computer systems, printer issues and multiple unclassified and classified networks.
• For issues related to specific networks, create tickets with basic user information and forward to the Tier 1 Service desk queue for further evaluation.
• Create, unlock and disable Active Directory accounts. Account creations include external networks.
• Communicate with incoming and outgoing shifts to relay important information on open issues.
• Install IT hardware, which include workstations, monitors, switchboxes, keyboard, mice and printers and any other associated devices.
• Push non-standard software via current tool to users.
• Issue Public Key Infrastructure Certificates and security tokens.
• Provide data recovery and folder access on multiple networks.
• Work closely with the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) and external groups when needed.
• Erase, reload, and maintain hard drives with the standard baseline software.
• Act as a Registration Authority in support of access control systems.
• Update virus definitions on all systems.
• Perform hourly application checks on mission critical applications and troubleshoot as applicable.