Ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and be proficient in Microsoft Suite.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, construction specifications, agreements, and/or specialized documents from drafts, notes, or brief instructions, using standard office equipment such as a personal computer and word-processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Proofreads documents for accuracy, completeness, format, compliance with departmental policies and correct English usage including grammar, punctuation and spelling; returns document to originator if content or major format revisions are required.
- Places orders online, receives goods and supplies, submits invoices for approval and releases invoices for payment in the financial system.
- Uses a personal computer to enter and retrieve data using standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access or specialized applications depending on assigned organizational unit.
- Maintains a variety of technical and office files in alphabetical, numerical or coded format; scans and validates electronic files in document libraries; assists with purging records and files.
- Prepares and updates a variety of reports, which may require research from several sources and use of arithmetic calculations.
- Maintains a variety of records, and processes various forms such as personnel forms, purchase requisitions, and other forms specific to assigned organizational unit.
- Requests pricing from vendors and assists agency staff with the use of the District's financial system.
- Provides and requests factual information regarding District activities and functions; may assist customers and other members of the public in person.
- Operates standard office equipment and may provide relief for other District office support staff.
- May direct the work of part-time or temporary workers on specific projects.
- Performs other related work as required.
REQUIREMENTSAny combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be the equivalent of:
Education and Experience:
Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent; and
One (1) year of general office support work which included training or experience using a personal computer and standard word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications.
Knowledge of: standard office practices and procedures, including filing and record keeping principles and procedures; operation of a personal computer and other standard office equipment; proper written and spoken English, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Skill and ability to: rapidly learn the specific procedures and technical terminology of the organizational unit to which assigned; understand and carry out oral and written directions; maintain accurate records and files; make accurate arithmetic calculations; perform detailed clerical work with accuracy; type accurately at a rate of 45 words per minute from printed copy; learn to operate a computer, copy machine and other standard office equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; and perform the essential duties of the job without causing harm to self or others.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Workinq Conditions/Physical Requirements:
The essential functions of these classifications are performed in a controlled-temperature office and require the ability to: sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen; use finger dexterity and hand strength to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use a telephone, computer keyboard and other office equipment on a daily basis; speak and hear in person and on the phone; see sufficiently to perform assignments; intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; and lift and/or carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.