Need someone with more administrative experience, intermediate to high level experience with Excel. This person will be assisting some high level executives.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may also include, but are not limited to the following:
• Analyzes and prepares budgets and supporting documentation.
• Analyzes and prepares a variety of reports and correspondence.
• Monitors and may supervise the work of subordinates or coordinate the work of others assigned to perform general administrative tasks.
• Conducts research, analyzes results, and prepares report of findings on a variety of special projects.
• Performs a variety of staff projects and assignments in direct assistance to departmental management staff.
• May manage facilities including budget, related expenses, furniture, maintenance, etc.
• May be responsible for departmental personnel function.
• May be responsible for departmental benefits administration.
• May develop and monitor contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working to considerable knowledge (depending on level in series and assignment) of: principles and techniques of administrative and fiscal analysis, organization and staffing, public relations, contract development and monitoring, and personnel or benefits administration.
Working to considerable ability (depending on level in series) to: prepare a variety of reports and recommendations, communicate orally and in writing, establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the general public and outside contractors.
Works primarily in an office environment but may be required to visit various departments/ agencies on a regular basis and meet off-site with business/community leaders, the public, and outside contractors.
Some (Administrative Assistant I) to considerable (Administrative Assistant IV) education and/or experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). For example, possession of the requisite KSAs for a "I " could typically be demonstrated by possession of an Associate Degree in a related field and/or one (1) to two (2) years of related experience. Additional related experience can be substituted for the education on a year for year basis. Depending on assignment, supervisory experience may be highly desirable.