Preferred Skills - Preferred Skills - Microsoft Office 365, Desktop Support, and iOS Support (iPhone / iPad)
Little description - Under direction, provides technical assistance to department/ agency personnel by supporting and coordinating tasks related to office automation systems
This position is responsible for considering all facets of a user's environment and the possible integration of office systems to centrally located computing facilities. It differs from the Office Systems Coordinator IV in that the latter is responsible for ongoing supervision and directing all facets of major projects which may encompass several divisions within the department/agency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for vendor liaison, technical evaluation of products and coordination of product procurement with ITS.
- Coordinates or performs software and hardware configuration and installation of individual personal computers and/or local area networks and data communications.
- Provides technical assistance for user interface of office systems and large centrally located computer systems.
- Performs hardware maintenance and repair.
- Develops systems procedures for department/agency users, and maintains system documentation.
- Trains department/agency personnel on automated office systems use.
- Troubleshoots ongoing department/agency problems associated with network and data communication and corrects them or coordinates resolution with outside agencies and vendors.
- Provides data communications network design and analysis in coordination with ITS specialists.
- Installs and maintains data communication equipment.
- Provides complex office systems application design and analysis.
- Analyzes network and data communication performance and reliability issues and implements preventive measures.
- May assist management of department/agency in establishing priorities and planning office automation needs.
- May supervise applications under development by staff
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of: modern office procedures and automated equipment; microcomputer programming and systems design; LAN and data communication equipment; software and hardware products and their use in office automation.
- Working ability to: perform abstract reasoning; make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately; perform minor systems maintenance/repairs; develop independence in the responsible performance of assigned duties; develop and maintain effective working relations with others; understand and work with personal business computers in the office environment; perform standard analysis and programming tasks for the purpose of automating office procedures: develop and support the concept of data communications networking of personal office computers in relation to mini- and mainframe computers; perform complex analysis and design for integrated systems in the office environment; and provide lead supervision to others.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Extensive experience in automated office systems coordination which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- The required knowledge, skills and abilities also can be obtained by completion of pertinent office systems coursework with four (4) or more years of related experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.