|Mid-level Test Equipment Overhaul Systems Engineer, 3
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security team is looking for a Lead Test Equipment Overhaul Systems Engineer to join the team in Heath, OH!
This position will be responsible for developing the overall approach for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) test equipment and developing the best way to overhaul that equipment to reduce or eliminate obsolescence for each system. The MinuteMan-III (MM-III) was fielded in the late 1990's and is planned to be retired sometime around 2035. Much of Boeing Guidance and Repair Center (BGRC)'s test equipment will need to be updated to be viable for the next 15 years. This position will monitor identify, satisfy and validate requirements for test equipment that is in need of overhaul.
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
• Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
• Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture
• Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success
• Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes
• Resolves cross-functional technical issues
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering; Master's degree or equivalent experience is preferred
• Previous Test Equipment experience
• 1+ years of experience in the discipline of systems engineering
• Comfortable working in multiple systems
• Leadership skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• 1+ years of experience have in performance of calibration and troubleshooting, and repair of Measurement and Test Equipment including Automated Test Equipment (ATE) stations
• 1+ years of experience designing and maintaining automated and semi-automated test equipment
• 1+ years of experience with identifying alternatives to resolve obsolescence issues
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree. Bachelor, master or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Clearance: Secret Security Clearance, required to start
Competency Customer Knowledge Communication Continuous Learning Customer Focus Innovation / Creativity Business Acumen Safety Awareness Quality Systems Thinking Analytical Skills (Technical) Engineering Processes Design Concepts & Techniques Engr Knowledge/Comprehension Analyze & Interpret Engr Data Boeing Knowledge
|Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.|
|First shift- start times vary between 6:00 AM -8:00 AM
Please submit candidates with 5-10 years of experience
Education: Systems Engineering Degree; manager typically looks for a Masters level degree. If they do not have a Masters, they should have robust experience in risk analysis, requirements definition, and large, complex system oversight (understanding of how all parts work together at the system level).
Manager will be scheduling interviews