This position is responsible for continuous improvement deployment within the value stream, being an innovator of positive change that favorably impacts safety, profitability, inventory turns, on-time delivery, quality, financial commitments and employee training and development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Proactively address employee relations issues through a supportive environment including; coaching and ongoing team member development.
- Deliver discipline as needed in conjunction with human resources.
- Consistently address good safety practices with team members and take immediate action should there be any safety violations committed
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in working order and that they are in place and used in a safe, efficient manner
- Ensure consistent execution of job rotation through proper management and appropriate verification
- Lead assigned area in continuous improvement, while accepting full ownership for area responsibility
- Maintain manufacturing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintain a safe and secure work environment developing personal growth opportunities
- Perform team member evaluations and corrective actions as necessary
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate team members to achieve work goals
- Utilize proactive approach in resolving problems or conflicts
- Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Ensure that direct and indirect labor goals are met on a daily basis through strict compliance of working to the required Client numbers
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist team members in solving work problems
- Maintain time and production records
- Manage scrap within assigned area to achieve program fiscal plan goals
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are accurate and followed
- Use ERP system and other technology to prepare and submit reports for planning, monitoring of performance and to identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Associate's degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of supervisory experience in an manufacturing environment
- Experience and strong aptitude working in an ERP or other related system preferred
- Proven ability to motivate others, supervise, train, and manage hourly employees and the production process
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent planning, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong multitasking / time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The incumbent works in a plant environment and may be exposed to bad weather, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.