Job DescriptionApply Now Back to Search
- Responsible for ensuring Port employees are accurately and timely paid in accordance with client policies/procedures, applicable labor contracts, local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with Payroll laws and regulations including Federal and State withholding requirements.
- Duties include performing audit ol documents received from the Human Resource Department (HR) such as Personnel Action forms (PA's), PREPs, 457 Deferred Compensation changes, benefit changes, address chaoges, etc.
- Will audit direct deposit and Pay Card information, W-4 information and other employee related payroll changes. Review and validate accuracy of information entered PeopleSoft Human Capital Management by HR and Payroll Team. Calculate and determine retroactive payments for Port employees including complex evaluation of pay rate changes occurring on multiple effective dates.
- Ensure that the calculated amount is accurate based upon the information provided.
- Audit prepare and process payroll adjustments. Create queries and reports. Perform variance comparisons and other checks and balances to ensure the accuracy of the payroll adjustments before the biweekly payroll is finalized.
- Prepare reports for the Employment Statistics Survey for Washington Employment Security Department, New Hire Reporting to Washington State Department of Social and Health Services and State of Washington Department of Retirement System. Other duties as assigned including documenting Port payroll procedures and assisting in training new staff.