Position DescriptionPosition Title: Driver – Home Delivered Meals
SummaryThe Driver – Home Delivered Meals provides safe and secure handling and delivery of meals by performing the following functions in accordance with ADRC/OAA mission, policies and procedures as outlined below.
Essential Functions are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides safe and secure handling and delivery of meals .
- Identifies and delivers appropriate therapeutic and general diet meals as indicated on route sheet.
- Ensures mandated hot and cold food temperatures with appropriate use of delivery equipment.
- Counts prepared hot and cold portions for accuracy.
- Maintains own personal vehicle appropriate for transporting food.
- Follows Home Delivered Meal Program procedures .
- Reports any changes in participant behavior to supervisor prior to shift underway.
- Reports the non-delivery of any meal prior to shift end.
- Follows emergency procedures per ADRC policy.
- Participates in emergency and routine situations.
- Maintains cleanliness of delivery equipment.
- Cleans spills and food debris in delivery equipment upon return from route.
- Health & Safety – Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Works safely, practicing preventative measures at all times.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions.
- Takes action to eliminate potential hazards as necessary.
- Wears personal protective equipment as appropriate and in compliance with policies.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable material safety data sheets for all chemicals used and follows corresponding instructions and precautions.
- Maintains clean, orderly work areas.
- Reports any incidents or injuries to a licensed nurse or manager.
5. Policies & Procedures - Works within/adheres to policies and procedures.
a. Adheres to the attendance policy.
b. Adheres to department specific and general work rules, policies and procedures.
c. Attends in services and participates in required meetings and training.
d. Maintains any registration, certification or license required for this position.
e. Accepts flexible scheduling and staff rotation as needed. Works overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
f.Assists in orientation and training of team members as assigned.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver's license in the State of Wisconsin with adequate insurance coverage and a good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.