Will include many if not all of the following:
- Performs pre-audit of invoices, verifying numbers, prices, extensions, account numbers and other related accounting activities in order to calculate and extend costs, payments and reimbursement of pay outs and encumbrances against budget and/or grant accounts.
- Records, posts, balances and maintains department/division accounting records, billing records, cash books, subsidiary journals and general ledgers according to established account classifications using database systems.
- Prepares statistical, fiscal, budget or payroll forms, documents, reports as directed.
- Processes, assembles and inputs data into personal computer database systems.
- Balances detailed customer accounts with control.
- Answers billing/statement inquiries and/or customer complaints.
- Processes work orders.
- Collects monies, receipts and accounts for funds collected.
- Prepares bank deposits and machine record input forms.
- Processes deposits, receipts, records, reports and related fiscal forms.
- Assists supervisor in various fiscal record keeping and general clerical/office support work as required.
- Produces audits of accounts and records as required.
- Provides interpretations of rules, regulations and laws governing work assignments.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of fiscal record keeping and/or bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain accounting records and prepare reports.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
- Ability to type, utilizing personal computers, related software and other office equipment of the assigned work unit.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and have a minimum of two (2) years fiscal record keeping and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Must be able to utilize all features afforded by word processing software and other required software and personal computers utilized by assigned unit.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 CWPM with a maximum of 10 errors should typing skills be required by the assigned unit.
- A comparable amount of training and related experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.