Must have the physical, developmental and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Performs clerical and public contact working at any Utilities office location; account information; responding to inquiries; discussing information regarding water, sewer reclaim water turn on/turn off; payments; rates; and customer billed account. Responds to inquiries on new service locations and reviews customer issues and complaints.
- This position receives and reviews customer service request forms and work orders to verify information is sufficient to prepare new service and /or new accounts.
- Responds to customer billing inquires, credit card payments, sets up new accounts, correspondence, change of addresses via the telephone, IVR, Internet, mail and walk in customers.
- Responsible for handling inquires on new promotions, new rate increases, rebate problems and new services.
- Responds to customer issues and complaints.
- Responsible for handling cash drawer and balance daily the cash drawer to the billing system.
- Verifies that all applicable fees are collected and properly processed on new services/new accounts.
- Prepares customer service account record information/file via keying entry into the billing system.
- This position should have the ability to learn the operating procedures of the customer service unit.
- Responsible for completing, compiling, preparing and maintaining records in a billing system and record-keeping system.
- Operates micro-computer equipment, cash drawers, telephone, card credit terminals, calculator, various printers and photo copiers and other devices utilized by the customer service unit.
- Responsible to learn office methods and procedures following and adhering to prescribed route practices, written, and/or oral instructions.
- Deals courteously and effectively with the public, officials and other employees.
- Types and utilizes word processing, spreadsheet and on-line software.
- Knowledge of county based on geographical location.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to learn the operating procedures of customer account record keeping system utilized.
- Ability to learn the specific operation of the micro-computer equipment and devices utilized.
- Ability to learn office methods and procedures following and adhering to prescribed routines, practices, written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with public, officials and other employees. Additional training in this position consists of customer service training seminars in dealing with irate customers, telephone manners, writing skills and teamwork.
- Ability to operate and provide general care and maintenance of office machines and equipment.
- Must be able to utilize all features on a 10-key calculator. Must have the knowledge of the personal computer/CRT equipment and utilize on-line software application.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and have a minimum of two (2) years clerical office experience which includes extensive public contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment within this classification.
- A comparable amount of related training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Must obtain certificates or credits in Windows and spreadsheet applications.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County