Business AnalystApply Now Back to Search
Skills and Experience
- Define and document business functions and processes;
- Analyzes the integration of business functions with technology;
- Maintains a working knowledge of accounting, procurement, finance or contract management;
- Assists with business case development and business process reengineering;
- Interact with the client to analyze their need and find solutions.
- Consults with management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements;
- Recommends new processes that yield operational efficiencies;
- Conducts cost-benefit analysis;
- Develops or assists with project work plans, project timelines;
- Develops or assists with ITBs, RFIs, RFRs, RFPs and contracts. The Business Analyst should be familiar with State of Louisiana procurement laws and procedures, and also have experience in developing technical specifications and negotiating with vendors to acquire IT assets;
- Documenting system functionality, system design, etc.;
- Composing or editing of technical documentation or end user guides.
Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field or an MBA is desired;
- Should have a minimum of 2 years' experience in business analysis or a related field;
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions;
- Creates user stories with relevant acceptance criteria which meets business requirement.
- Prepare mockups/wireframes/flows related to the requirements
- Grooming the product backlog based on the prioritization provided by the product owner
- Ability to interact with developers and QA's to clarify on the requirements.
- Ability to estimate the upcoming work load and plan the work.
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- A track record of following through on commitments;
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills;
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams;