These positions will be responsible for working with a team to deliver quality software products developed by MNJIS Focus teams. Resources projects will include Test automation of the Predatory Offender Registry, Juvenile Petition, and other eCharging applications where the BCA is responsible for integration testing, enhancements and upgrades of these systems. Minnesota statutes require individuals charged with or convicted of specific predatory offenses to register with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. The Predatory Offender Registry initiates registration, establishes a registration period, and monitors the offender for the duration of their registration period. The MN BCA's eCharging system is an innovative software system that provides automated solutions across local and state government entities for criminal justice events such as DWIs, citations, incident referrals, criminal complaints, and search warrants. eCharging captures and provides complete, accurate, and timely data to our business partners.
The resources may also work on projects and teams such as the Crime Registry System, Minnesota Criminal History Systems, and other software development initiatives of the BCA. The delivery of the work follows the BCA standards, processes and procedures. The person filling the position is expected to actively participate in the SDLC events implemented by the development efforts. Collaboration with team members is essential.
The resources will perform this work on-site at: Resource will follow BCA's Hybrid work schedule, currently 2 days on site each week. Resource must follow all State and BCA requirements for COVID-19 mitigation.
- Participate in formal review of business/functional requirements and application design
- Review and assess test cases for test automation
- Identify and communicate test automation requirements
- Collaborate with test team on test automation efforts
- Provide inputs to Test Plans
- Design and Implement Test Result Reports
- Develop test automation scripts using BCA standard tools and framework
- Execute test automation scripts as needed and requested
- Ensure that test automation scripts are maintained and kept current
- Troubleshoot and resolve test script failures
- Analyze and report overall test status and results
- Report and log defects found as a result of the automated test execution
- Perform other testing tasks as may be required by the project
- Provide knowledge transfer to BCA and local agency staff
- Five years of experience in a Quality Assurance Analyst role with experience creating and executing automated test scripts for IT projects.
- Two engagements lasting more than 6 months in a Test Automation role.
- Experience creating quality assurance relevant documentation.
- Experience participating in formal review of business/functional requirements and application design.
- Experience establishing test entrance and exit criteria.
- Experience analyzing and reporting of overall test status and results.
- Experience defining regression tests for future projects.
- Experience anticipating problems and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Defect identification and triage skills.
- Experience with program languages and software development technologies such as, JAVA, .NET, and SQL.
- Proven ability to collaborate, work effectively as part of a team and establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of business customers and technology staff.
- Knowledge of open source testing tools.
- Experience testing in an agile development environment.
- Experience performing, and working knowledge of Selenium and C#
- Experience is using Jira/Xray as a test management tool
- Experience working with Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice Systems.