The Business Analyst (BA) position at the Texas Education Agency serves as the conduit between the program/customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow. This position performs advanced, senior-level business analysis work and will:
• Participate in the entire development cycle of the project.
• Elicit requirements using joint application development (JAD), interviews, document analysis, workflow analysis and other techniques.
• Transform information from elicitation sessions into business requirements and functional requirements, use cases, user stories, and software requirements specifications documents.
• Perform quality assurance testing (including writing test plan and test cases).
• Coordinate user acceptance testing.
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|5||Required||Deriving requirements from interviews with customers and creating system requirements documents|
|5||Required||System Analysis and Design (including mockups and/or wireframes)|
|5||Required||Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)|
|5||Required||Testing complex web applications for all phases of Software Development Life Cycle|
|5||Required||Experience creating test cases and test plans|
|4||Required||Development of user stories and use cases|
|2||Required||Prior experience with developing federal/state grant program, grant process and/or grant system|
|3||Preferred||Strong communication, organization, and facilitation skills|
|2||Preferred||Experience with Qualtrics|
|2||Preferred||Experience with Azure DevOps or Modern Requirements|
|1||Preferred||Experience with Atlassian Jira|
|1||Preferred||Prior experience or familiarity with TEA applications especially eGrants, TGIF, and TCAPPS|
|1||Preferred||Prior experience with Zypher Scale preferred|