- 3 - 6 month assignment; part time 25- 29 hours a week.
- The managers are looking for a current college student or a recent graduate.
- He will need to work 5 hours on Saturday.
- They are flexible on start time, but latest would be 9am.
- After the 2 weeks, it would be 4pm to 9pm, Tuesday- Friday.
- Same scheduling for Saturday
Primary Role: Pack and receive sample kits.
- Prepare sampling kits for all compliance samples following EPA method collection requirements. Prioritize work schedule with oversight of Manager to meet service level target timelines for sample kits. Troubleshoot and update databases used to generate (30%)
- Receive, document kit condition, log in, and verify for accuracy all water samples sent in by our utilities or commercial clients. Verify the temperature, holding time and preservatives meet the method criteria for the analysis requested by the customer. Document all conditions of kits in SDG Program. (30%)
- Conduct weekly inventory of sampling kits. Prepare QC bottle checks on all new bottle orders and all new preservative lots. Follow-up with QC department for any QC issues prior to usage. (10%)
- Cross train to do turbidity as a backup or other wet chemistry methods (uv, turbidity, etc.) (10%)
- Responsible for the calibration of all laboratory thermometers, determine usefulness based on calibration results. (10%)
- Print the sampling schedule when released by documentation. Interact with documentation for schedule kit needs. Process all special request and resamples as requested by the utilities. (10%)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college courses in a science related field preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Preferred previous experience in environmental quality standards, procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical names preferred.