This position is responsible for all aspects of intake, application, and processing of medical and non-medical leaves of absence and the Short-Term Disability benefit. This covers the administration, mailings, communication, and records maintenance. Knowledge of FMLA federal law, CPS supplemental medical leaves, non-medical leaves, Short-Term Disability per CPS policy and Board rules is necessary. This position will liaison with Workers Compensation, Benefits Billing, Equal Opportunity Compliance Office, Employee Engagement, Payroll, and the School Service Center.
JOB PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of the intake and application process for medical, non-medical leaves of absence, and the Short-Term Disability benefit for CPS employees. This includes downloading and uploading documents as needed, confirming receipt of documents, and assisting employees with the online application process.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees going out on leave of absence or requesting information about areas coved by the Leave Team.
- Ability to adapt and change based on the needs of the work environment.
- Serves as a liaison between the leave of absence program and other CPS departments, schools, and the HR Talent Partners. Provides advice and information on all aspects of the leave of absence and the Short-Term Disability programs.
- Working knowledge of CPS leave policies, Short-Term Disability Plan and employment policies. Ability to learn and keep current on CPS, state, and federal policies around leave of absence.
- Provides excellent customer services to resolve employee inquiries regarding health insurance, employment, and benefits in a timely manner.
- Ensures HIPPA compliance and confidentiality of employee matters is maintained.
- Interact with Payroll, the ADA Office, Law Department, and other departments as needed on issues affecting compliance with all benefit plans, including projects related to collective bargaining agreements.
- Escalate issues as needed.
- Responsible for the service quality and efficiency of assigned transactions and makes suggestions for process improvement to the Leave Analyst.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
- High School degree or G.E.D. required, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two (2) or more years of leave of absence or Short-Term Disability experience or Call Center experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service acumen. Results oriented and ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail oriented with strong communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft system preferred.
- Must be an organized, self-starter that is able to log all completed activities.
- Leave Analyst