Legal Assistant Senior
- Provides secretarial /paralegal assistance to agency executives in legal environments who have complex program or operational responsibilities.
- Performs research, management, and case investigative work.
- Drafts affidavits, pleadings, briefs and interrogatories.
- Prepares exhibit books.
- Reads and summarizes depositions for trail use.
- Responds to plaintiffs discovery requests.
- Interviews witnesses and defendants to prepare for trail.
- Uses word processing system to key, proofread and edit letters, memoranda, briefs, pleadings, expense,
- travel and miscellaneous forms from handwritten drafts, dictation and t typed drafts.
- Takes and transcribes legal dictation.
- Types routine correspondence.
- Answers telephone, take messages, direct calls, receive clients and distribute deliveries.
- Performs other assigned duties such as mail, creating case files and filing, completing and maintaining forms, and making travel arrangements.
- Considerable knowledge of the State and/or federal court systems, of legal case management and litigation support techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of legal terminology, office / administrative management ability with a variety of clerical / administrative duties.
- Ability to use word processing software / systems.
- Paralegal training or experience.