Linux Support Specialist
Title: Linux Support Specialist
Location: Vienna VA
Duration: Long Term
The Application Engineer is responsible for effective coordination of resources and projects for all TSC application systems and environments (Production, Test, Development and COOP). Lead and manage team of Application Support and DBA members. Perform Linux systems O&M administration of TSC applications and systems and related infrastructure. This includes installation/configuration, operation, monitoring and maintenance of systems and ensuring continual operation, stability, performance, application health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Essential Job Functions
· Coordinate team resources (Application Support and DBA) to support daily tasks, deployments and projects. Provide technical guidance as necessary within the team and to other teams as necessary.
· Communicate with IT Engineering Management on issues, resolutions and project statuses within all environments.
· Manage related tickets and outage reports.
· Deploy, monitor, support, and troubleshoot all Linux-centric TSC applications and Oracle databases.
· Coordinate and execute software deployments and patches for all Linux-centric applications.
· Provide deployment and troubleshooting support for Oracle databases.
· Investigate and resolve issues with specific records issues within applications.
· VMware administration, building and troubleshooting physical hosts in all environments as needed.
· Support VMware and RHEL hardware and network troubleshooting and configuration.
· Provide Linux systems O&M administration.
· Provide application related guidance to other team members and teams as necessary.
· Monitoring / troubleshooting external / downstream customer application connections.
· Support and resolve issues with application servers (JBoss).
· Ensure team processes and procedures are documented.
Manage 24/7 on-call rotation to support after-hours/weekend issues for Linux-centric applications and Oracle databases