Mid-level Production Maintenance Electrician
|Location:||Clayton, North Carolina|
TEMP TO PERM
Hoursare 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. so it is 2nd shift.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in installing, troubleshooting, and servicing the electrical and controls needs of process / production equipment in an industrial environment.
- Performs intermediate level troubleshooting of ladder logic, PLCS, servo drives, and VFDs.
- Works on primary voltages up to and including 480v.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production machines, robots, automation equipment and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24v up to and including 480v AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Support the procurement of spare parts.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing electrical maintenance on industrial process / production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Client, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools and controls.
- Experience with robotic systems and controls (Fanuc, ABB, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480v 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting 4-20mA and 0-10v circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing PLCs, such as Allen Bradley, Fanuc etc.
- Experience using RS Logix, MicroLogix, ControlLogix and PLC-5 Software.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing VFDs.
- Experience calibrating testing equipment.