Secret Clearance Required
Description/Comment:*** Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Dulles, VA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
The *** IIS Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (HW&I) team has a professional opening for a Principal Network Infrastructure Engineer. This position will perform network and infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security. The ability to obtain a US Government TS/SCI security clearance is required for this position (US citizenship required).
* Strong understanding of network technologies, services, security, and management
* Experience with data center LAN design, implementation, diagnostics, performance, and management
* Experience with implementation and configuration of Cisco products (Catalyst, Nexus, and Firepower)
* Experience with fiber channel storage SAN configuration
* Familiarity with private cloud virtualization and virtual networks in Vmware environments
* Ability to perform system administration tasks on Linux and Windows platforms
* Skills in creation of data center solution documentation, including artifacts done using Microsoft Visio
* Ability to provide technical direction to a team of junior personnel
* Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities on the fly
* Experience in a customer-facing role
* Willingness to travel, including internationally
* Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government TS/SCI security clearance
Additional Job Details:Desired Skills: * Understanding of network management and monitoring toolsets * Familiarity with HPE switches and storage arrays * Experience hardening network elements to US Government IA compliance standards * Exposure to OWL data diode hardware * Existing US Government TS/SCI security clearance Education Requirements: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of related work experience or 16 years of related work experience in lieu of a STEM degree