Office Systems Coordinator I
Duration: 90 days
Shift hours: M-F, 8-5
Interview: In-Person interview
Location: Ventura, CA 93003
IT Service Desk support.
Provides telephone technical support to customers by performing first level diagnostics and resolving problems or escalating to more advanced technical resources to resolve the problem
Helpdesk handling incoming calls and emails.
They must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
They should be technically capable to understand active directory, email, MS office, etc
This classification requires a working ability to do feasibility studies, problem analysis, conceptual systems design, micro-computer programming, occasional systems maintenance and repair, analysis and recommendations for purchase of new equipment and vendor liaison. It differs from the Office Systems Coordinator Il in that the latter is assigned a greater scope of responsibilities and exercises more independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with vendor liaison, coordinates technical evaluation of products and product procurement with ISD.
- Coordinates software product and hardware configuration and installation of individual personal computers and/or local area network and data communications.
- Provides technical assistance for user interface of office systems and large computer systems with ISD specialists.
- May perform feasibility studies, minor systems design and micro-computer application development as required by the department/agency.
- May assist management of department/agency in establishing priorities and planning office automation needs.
- May provide occasional systems maintenance and repair.
- May perform micro-computer programming functions for users.
- May train department/agency personnel on automated office systems use.
- May troubleshoot ongoing department/agency problems associated with automated office systems and refer repairs to Information Systems staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working knowledge of: modern office procedures and automated equipment; microcomputer programming and systems design; software and hardware products and their use in office automation.
Working ability to: perform abstract reasoning; make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately; perform minor systems maintenance/repairs; develop independence in the responsible performance of assigned duties; develop and maintain effective working relations with others; understand and work with personal business computers in the office environment; perform simple analysis and programming tasks for the purpose of automating office procedures.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
Some experience in automated office systems coordination which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The required knowledge, skills and abilities also can be obtained by completion of pertinent office systems coursework with two or more years of related experience.
Depending on assignment, a valid California driver license may be required