Office Systems Coordinator III
Position: Office Systems Coordinator III
Duration: 90 Days
Shift hours: 8am to 4.30pm, M-F
Location: Ventura, CA
- Experience in card reader and video management systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for vendor liaison, technical evaluation of products and coordination of product procurement with ITS.
- Coordinates or performs software and hardware configuration and installation of individual personal computers and/or local area networks and data communications.
- Provides technical assistance for user interface of office systems and large centrally located computer systems.
- Performs hardware maintenance and repair.
- Develops systems procedures for department/agency users, and maintains system documentation.
- Trains department/agency personnel on automated office systems use.
- Troubleshoots ongoing department/agency problems associated with network and data communication and corrects them or coordinates resolution with outside agencies and vendors.
- Provides data communications network design and analysis in coordination with ITS specialists.
- Installs and maintains data communication equipment.
- Provides complex office systems application design and analysis.
- Analyzes network and data communication performance and reliability issues and implements preventive measures.
- May assist management of department/agency in establishing priorities and planning office automation needs.
- May supervise applications under development by staff
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of: modern office procedures and automated equipment; microcomputer programming and systems design; LAN and data communication equipment; software and hardware products and their use in office automation.
- Working ability to: perform abstract reasoning; make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately; perform minor systems maintenance/repairs; develop independence in the responsible performance of assigned duties; develop and maintain effective working relations with others; understand and work with personal business computers in the office environment; perform standard analysis and programming tasks for the purpose of automating office procedures: develop and support the concept of data communications networking of personal office computers in relation to mini- and mainframe computers; perform complex analysis and design for integrated systems in the office environment; and provide lead supervision to others.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Extensive experience in automated office systems coordination which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- The required knowledge, skills and abilities also can be obtained by completion of pertinent office systems coursework with four (4) or more years of related experience