Principal Systems Engineer - Clearance
Current Secret clearance
Description/Comment:*** is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer for the JPSS Sustainment team in Aurora, Colorado. The Systems Engineer will be a member of JPSS sustainment team responsible for ensuring the JPSS system is updated and maintained to support the mission. This requires significant Cross-IPT coordination and planning. The candidate will work in a team of multi-disciplined engineers from across the JPSS program, which will respond to mission updates and provide support during mission events. The candidate will support planning with personnel from other segments; attend technical interchange meetings with other segment's personnel, support technical briefings, and matters pertaining to deployment. The candidate will provide status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks as required; provide document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues and support ECP efforts as required.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* 8+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record
* Experience in the deployment of large software systems.
* Experience supporting sustainment and deployment activities
* Understanding of the SE lifecycle and change management process
* Proven ability to meet timelines
* Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
* Current Secret clearance
* Ability to travel as required