|Location:||Uniondale, New York|
Duration: 1 year
Location: Uniondale, NY
Scope of Work
The project manager takes Authority's Information Technology projects from original concept through the final implementation. Provides planning, direction, and coordination functions of a designated project to ensure project performance requirements and objectives are accomplished. Ensures the timely and successful performance of project tasks. Responsible for the overall management of specific tasks/projects. Ensures technical solutions and schedules are implemented promptly. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users and IT staff.
* Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
* Conducts project the meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
* Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of project tasks and tracks and reviews project deliverables.
* Serves as the project manager for small, large or complex project or groups of tasks.
* Provides management and technical direction of project and provides internal planning, guidance and management structure for tracking accomplishment of work assigned.
* Review Projects Scope, Requirements, Schedule, Risk Management Plan, Communication Plan, other Project Management Art-affects of the IT Project managed by the Service Provider to ensure adequacy of project management processes, timely development of the Art-affects.
* Assumes overall responsibility for project schedule, cost, and deliverables.
Areas of expertise:
* Project schedules and work breakdown structures (WBS), Earned Value Management (EVM), Project risk identification and mitigation, project scheduling principles (PERT, CPM, etc.).
* At least six years of progressive experience in IT program and project leadership roles.
* Demonstrated track record of leading integrated programs and successful delivery (on-time, on-schedule, desired outcomes).
* Clear understanding of the business issues of project management principles and benefits management methodology.
* Thorough knowledge of PMBOK/PRINCE2 guidelines.
* Bachelors' degree required.
* PMP certification preferred.