Position: SATCOM Administrator
Location: Tampa FL
Certifications required: IAT Level II (Security+ CE; GSEC; etc.)
Clearance: Top Secret clearance the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Satellite Telecommunications Operator (SATCOM), communication support, is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and instruction of the 2.4 Hawkeye Heavy, 1.2 Hawkeye Lite, iDirect Modems to include EBEM/ESEM, INMARSAT, TACSAT, UNCLASS and CLASS NGRT GBS Suite, KA-10 GBS Manpack, PRC-117, PRC-152, Extension of Service, ACU-1000, Spectrum Analyzer, Iridium Satellite Phones, DRSN, Promina, and newly fielded communications platforms; and providing technical guidance on Satellite Access Requests (SAR)/Gateway Access Requests (GAR) process, JCSE/DISA Step Site procedures, Defense Information System Network-Tactical Edge (DISN-TE), Common Mission Network Transport (CMNT), and establishing communications services over Internet Protocol.
- Coordinate, and install applications software and hardware for Satellite and communications systems; administer and maintain assigned systems; and, develop, review and modify changes to schedule of operations for successful day-to-day operations.
- Optimizes functionality and performance of SATCOM/Communications hardware and software and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of Satellite and Communications systems.
- Troubleshoot and identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex in nature and develop corrective action.
- Design data products, processes, or programs that enhance functional area management and provide for increased organizational optimization of SATCOM Communications processes.
- Serve as a technical authority for respective SATCOM Communications management, service provisioning, basic transmission, satellite transmission, radio communications, applications, information assurance, transport systems, voice, data, or video equipment or systems, or optical mesh networking and Internet protocol routing security criteria, methodologies, techniques, processes, and mechanisms, including providing advice to technical personnel who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Perform project management duties, when applicable, which includes responsibility for ensuring project goals are accomplished.
- Troubleshoot and analyze unusual or complex hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems and recommends acquisition of equipment, software and or hardware which will resolve operational problems.
- Surveys system operation to identify and anticipate potential problems which could lead to loss or serious interruption of service, and identify corrective or preventative procedures and takes actions to rectify immediate problems and prevent future occurrences.
- Develop solutions to enhance operational use of systems hardware and software and keeps abreast of technological advances to ensure continued optimum service. Applies innovative techniques and seasoned judgment to assist management in identifying areas where SATCOM and Communications systems can reduce or eliminate labor and time intensive manual processes.
- Analyze and diagnose system failures to isolate source of problems; and, performs testing, troubleshooting, and correction of complex or unusual problems involving interface and interoperability of system components such as hardware, software, and applications programs.
- Manage installation of patches and enhancements/updates and ensures integrity is not compromised; shall Ensure maintenance and upgrade procedures are established to minimize disruption to normal business functions of organizations within the installation; and, shall provide proactive consultation and instruction with users to ensure seamless implementation of changes.
- Provide technical operation, guidance and instruction to users and other SATCOM and Communications specialists.
- Prepare, coordinate, operate, and implement policy and procedures for SATCOM Communication systems operation; develop comprehensive instruction for operation of system components; and, provide guidance and technical assistance in system use and application.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provides support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in the customers' ability to carry out business activities.
- Provide advice and guidance on for complex SATCOM Communications issues; coordinate with other SATCOM specialists and management in identifying and correcting unusual or unprecedented problems and providing innovative approaches to solving them; and, provide assistance and support which will either resolve problems or provide understanding of available tools with which the customer can accomplish problem resolution.
- Test and evaluate current and proposed equipment and software enhancement and advises management regarding acquisition proposals designed to enhance mission accomplishment through automation. Assist with site surveys to advice on physical locations and temporary installation requirements of JTF and/or associated equipment.
- Serve as technical operator and advisor to management, key operator and advisor on special committees and special projects designed to study methods to enhance the use of SATCOM and Communications technology throughout the installation.
- Participates in developing SATCOM strategic plans for enhancement of the system environment, developing functional and technical requirements for acquisitions, conducting cost-benefit analyses,feasibility studies, and related activities.
- Contractor shall isolate and correct complex problems which hinder the capability of the organization tofully utilize information management technology.
- Analyze performance data and operating conditions to isolate specific shortfalls and develops innovate methods to overcome system weaknesses; and, understand Internet Protocol (IP) MODEM, IP CONVERGED NETWORKS, Defense Service Network, Voice over IP (VOIP/VOSIP), Video Teleconferencing, Non-secure/Secure Internet Routed Protocol (NIPRNET/SIPRNET).
- Communication consultant providing support to SATCOM, communication specialists and management.
- Develop strategies to incorporate in the organization's inventory such technologies and advancements found to be compatible with user requirements, taking into consideration any affect these technologies and techniques will have on existing architecture and infrastructure.
- Assist in the planning, programing, development, and execution of classroom and practical application of Satellite Communication Systems (SATCOM) periods of instruction, validate and update training plans to facilitate enhanced training and improved technical and tactical skills of JTF system operators and maintainers.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
? Three years' experience setting up communication equipment and supporting communication
equipment for expeditionary JTF Command and Control (C2) programs such as Deployable Joint
Command Control System (DJC2), Next Generation Enclave (NGE), Tactical Processing Node
(TPN), or other deployable programs of a similar level of scope.
? Three years' experience managing IP over SATCOM using iDirect or equivalent FN-TDMA hubs,
voice over Internet (VOIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP) and
Deploy, employ, and maintain 2.4 Hawkeye Heavy, 1.2 Hawkeye Lite Satellite systems, INMARSAT, TACSAT, GBS, PRC-117, PRC-152, and Promina systems.
? Solid understanding and hands-on experience with SAR/GAR process, JCSE/DISA Step Site
procedures; establishing communications services over Internet Protocol; and, Tactical Radio
? Possess the ability to submit SAR/GARs, SAA/GAAs and plans for mission, exercise and contingency planning for communication equipment.
? Knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) procedures for responding to new threats to systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability.
? Advanced troubleshooting skills on satellite systems.
? Contractor shall maintain professional certifications in congruence with continuing education requirements
related to the IT field. Required certifications include, but not limited to:
? Contractor must meet professional certification upon award of contract.