Senior Business Analyst
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: Full Time
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Document and track current and future state business processes and requirements within one or more functional business areas.
· Create functional specifications based on business requirements. Regulate and assess changes to requirements and their impacts.
· Tracks requirements from business case to implemented solution. Maintains requirements for reuse.
· Integrate testing for project and provide support for user acceptance testing.
· Assist in defining test scenarios, test plans, test strategies, and the creation of test scripts to ensure requirements from business case implemented into solution.
· Provide artifacts (Business Requirement, Functional Requirement, Navigation maps, knowledge base articles, etc.) and educate the support team. Provide input to production support when necessary.
· Identify and gather appropriate business requirements that lead to the necessary solution that satisfy the business need.
· Facilitate requirements gathering within one or more business functional areas to develop a comprehensive business requirements document.
· Work in conjunction with project manager, and systems analysts to build test plan, business test scripts. Trace test plans/scripts to requirements from business case to implementation solution to ensure accurate results.
· Define and create project related policies and procedures, create functional specifications, decisions documentations as well as following Project Management Office (PMO) methodology.
· Review end user training documentation and assist in training if needed.
· Support the Subject Matter Expert on business processes and systems for their functional area of expertise.
· Liaison for the functional area between IT application team and business based on expertise.
· Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) experience is preferred
· US citizenship
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
· 6-8 years of experience as a Business Analyst
· Analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
· Experience in business analytics and system design analysis
· Attention to detail, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Advanced Customer Service skills
· Experience working independently and taking initiative
· Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including JIRA, ALM, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
· Relevant industry recognized certifications (IIBA, ITIL, CBAP, CCAB)
· Knowledge of ITIL IT Service management and experience defining, deploying and managing ITSM Processes.