|Duties:||Able to perform coplex reconciliations and problem solve- |
Make decisions and problem solve
NOT a transactional role
Someone that has a greater understand of accounting
This position reports directly to the Manager, Accounting. Applies principles of accounting and finance to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for month-end close including accrual and adjustment Journal Entry preparation, account analysis, financial statement preparation, department variance analysis and corporate reporting.
- Responsible for various accounts reconciliations to maintain the integrity of the General Ledger. This will include accounting system maintenance, adding new accounts into the chart of accounts, mapping new accounts into the financial statements, reconciling sales subsidiary ledger to GL, etc.
- Maintain Fixed Asset System including monitoring fixed assets approval process in Q-Pulse and maintaining capital additions and retirements in the FAS (fixed assets software. This will require tracking all new capital asset purchases, entering completed assets to FAS, preparing depreciation entry, reconciling FAS assets to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare tax filing for sales & used taxes and other business related taxes. Support filing for property tax returns.
- Support internal and external audit which include assisting in year-end financial reporting audit, Thales internal audit and tax related audit.
- Prepare financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required by Manager, Accounting and Executive Management.
- Assists in various accounting functions such as accounts payable analysis, payroll reconciliation, expense report processing and other adhoc general accounting related tasks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- SAP experience-
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.