Senior Project Mgr III - Tech
- Description:TPM: Manages the development and implementation of projects/programs requiring technical experience &/or education (IT/Engineering) to meet business process initiatives, process improvement, product launches, other strategies and objectives. Analyzes existing project management methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods. Conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined process and/or implementation. At operational level, can conduct technical process analysis ensuring the proper management and implementation of changes to the production environment. 1-Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers 2-Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize technological solutions 3-Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations 4-Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration 5-Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks 6-Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle 7-Identifies and gains allocation of project team resources; obtains business and information technology sponsor approvals; and coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project 8-Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures 9-Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes 10-Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying change control procedures; 11-Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation; 12-Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results 13-Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status 14-Takes responsibility for changes to applications software and systems environments to ensure that changes to the environment have been properly analyzed and adequately coordinated and do not adversely impact the companys ability to meet published customer service level agreements; 15-Contributes to implementation success and technical system stability by using change methodologies that assure the reliability of business and operations information management systems; 16-Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support stable change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, validating production readiness, and communicating implementation status; 17-Creates and applies project control techniques that reduce risk from changing technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications systems 18-Project Manager I - Leads smaller and/or less complex projects under close to moderate supervision; 19-Reporting and communications typically occur within the team and direct management 20-Project cycle of typically less than 1 year 21-Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays & cause inefficiencies of a team 22-Projects are typically individual or Intra-organizational (multiple depts); although some smaller corporate projects may affect business unit(s) or entire company. 23-Budget management is typically limited to costing 24-Project Manager II - Leads medium/large and/or moderately complex projects under moderate to minimal supervision 25-Reporting and communications typically occur with team and key stakeholders 26-Planning of resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, & scheduling 27-Project cycle of typically 6 18 months 28-Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays & cause inefficiencies of a team and may cause unnecessary expense affecting operational results 29-Projects typically span across organizations (depts.) but may also directly affect business unit and/or entire company 30-Budget management typically includes costing & tracking of status 31-Project Manager Sr. - manages the most complex, most strategic projects under minimal no supervision 32-Reporting and communications typically occur with team, key stakeholders and senior management 33-Full accountability for planning of resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, scheduling and risk management 34-At higher levels, may directly manage people. 35-Project cycle of typically 1-3 years 36-Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies or unnecessary expense that measurably affect operational results of a CCI business or the efficiency and effectiveness of a team 37-Projects typically affect business unit(s) and/or entire company 38-Budget management typically includes costing, tracking of status and resolving cost issues Typical Training / Experience - Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR Advanced degree and generally 5+ years experience in related field. Certification required in some areas Influence/People Leadership - Manages Service, Production, or Support employees via subordinate supervisors OR a team of exempt professional individual contributors and associated support staff OR May be a manager without direct reports, with primary responsibility for overseeing special groups/projects or processes with dotted-line accountability to the field; Primary contribution is managing other people (rather than applying knowledge) ; Manages supervisors/team leaders and/or team of exempt individual contributors and associated support staff; Ensures performance planning, coaching, and evaluation occurs per policy Supervision - Typically supervises supervisors/team leaders and/or a team of exempt professional individual contributors and associated support staff Span Of Control/Complexity - Typically supervises a team of professional individual contributors; may also directly or indirectly supervise support staff; activities are typically more diverse covering multiple functions OR Activities are highly specific and complex focused on a single subject matter OR May be responsible for complex projects having significant scope/impact Decision-Making Authority - With oversight from higher level managers, achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience Financial - Contributes to development of an operating plan and budget; Generally responsible for managing or coordinating expenses within a budget or part of a larger budget; May manage or coordinate a project budget or multiple project budgets Consequence Of Error - Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies or unnecessary expense that measurably affect operational results of a CCI business or the efficiency and effectiveness of a team &/or projects managed. Typical Problems Solved - Solutions require analysis and investigation beyond what might have been applied in past experiences; problems are broadly defined and require interpretation Core Functions - Manages a part of a department or large project team; Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership to and reviews the work of professional and supervisory level subordinates in order to accomplish operational plans and results; Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to direct reports , subunits and/or project team to meet service and budget targets Technical/Admin Work Performed - May spend a significant portion of time as an individual contributor performing assignments that require a higher level of experience or technical expertise than direct reports OR May be an in-depth functional manager OR May manage complex projects or processes
- Additional Information:
|Potential to Extend or Convert Perm? yes|
|Are you ok with H1B's? No|
|Do candidates need to be local to interview? No|
|If not, will they be required onsite when Cox returns? No|
|Job Description: Attached|
|Target Years of Exp: 10|
|Top 5 Must Haves: Strategic thinking, problem solving, x-functional/matrix management, Executive presence, communication skills|
|Work Schedule Standard M-F, 8-5|
|Work Address - WFH|
The Sr. Director, CB Integration Management is responsible for the strategy, planning, and guiding the execution of integration of CB acquired companies. As a result, this role will have direct impact on CB growth and efficiency, as well as the CB customer experience. This leader will facilitate senior CB leadership to an aligned integration strategy and plan, supporting the investment thesis of the acquisition. Once the plan is approved, this role and their team will program manage the execution of that plan across multiple cross-functional workstreams, representing the CB value-chain, and involving all core functions within CCI. Additionally, this role is accountable for the development of the integration business case, and tracking value realization toward the case objectives. This role directly leads a small team of program leaders, and indirectly leads (highly matrixed) a large team of critical stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the program. This position involves a high level of interaction with a variety of cross-functional departments and functions, up to senior executive (EVP) levels.
Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of the initiatives this person will lead, he/she must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries, with both business and technical teams. This person must also understand how CB operates, from prospecting, to sales, through fulfillment, and service assurance. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in addition to strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. The individual in this role must be a self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously with occasional guidance. The strategic nature of this role requires an individual who can see the bigger picture, with broad business experience, and can formulate strategies and approaches to align with CB's objectives.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Facilitates senior leaders through the development of an aligned integration strategy for each acquisition
- Forms cross-functional teams and leads these teams through the analysis and development of the strategy supporting the integration opportunity. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
- Gains alignment and buy-in from cross-functional senior leaders to the strategy, plan and recommendation
- Works with third parties (e.g. vendors, consultants, partners) to identify best practices that can be adopted by Cox as part of the recommendation
- Manages implementation of initiatives, including change management, partnering with professional change management resources
- Works with functional SMEs to develop implementation plans for the respective workstreams.
- Provides leadership and indirect management of cross-functional teams to execute on time and within budget.
- Partner with Finance to develop business cases to support each integration.
- Defines success measures and implements scorecards to support
- Works with functional leaders to define ownership and accountability for workstreams/projects, and execute change management tactics
- Partners with CB Operations PMO to prioritize and secure resources, including capital, required to implement the integration plan
- Maintain effective relationships across Product, Sales, Marketing, Technology, Care, Field Service, Service Assurance, Operations, etc.
- Align the investment plan with the CB Op Model business case to ensure value realization from strategic investments.
- Evaluate key learnings from industry leaders, consultants, and partners that can be applied to Cox Business operations
- Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, priorities and methods
- Recruit, hire, retain, and manage a team of professionals, including the establishment of team and individual goals, providing formal and informal feedback, and assesses performance of team members to ensure performance objectives and expectations are met.
- Develop and present strategies and status to executive management.
- Coaches and develops others to continuously improve individual and team performance and capability.
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field
- Prior acquisition integration experience
- Proven track record of thought leadership and ability to influence decisions at a market and national level.
- Visionary, able to see and influence the new future.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrate strong technical and product knowledge.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior level executives.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous, business environment.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information
- Experience implementing and managing change within cross-functional organizations
- Must possess an internal client service orientation and work collaboratively
- Track record of effectively partnering across different teams within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, etc.)
- 3 or more years experience in leadership roles, managing cross-functional initiatives
Travel may be required on an occasional basis, and as high as 25%, as business dictates, to and from Atlanta and all Cox locations for team collaboration meetings, meetings with Senior Leadership and/or training opportunities when Telepresence facilities are either not available or conducive to the work effort involved.