Service Desk Operations Analyst
Important Note: The candidate must have awesome communication and written skills and not only in English but able to convey his ideas to others. Also, he should have maturity as he's going to be in charge in the absence of the manager
The Service Desk Operations Analyst will provide effective user support through IT access management for applications, network access, email services, websites, and devices critical to the Board of Pensions and will serve as backup to the Manager, Service Desk, and assist the management of Service Desk related projects. This individual will assist in coordination of day to day operations, provide advanced hands-on technical support to end users, and support the Board of Pensions Strategic Initiatives. The Service Desk Operations Analyst will support the user access change process via Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, NTFS file system and supporting Microsoft and Cisco systems, and will support and resolve issues related to the building's card key security system. This individual will also provision provided application accounts following change authorization guidelines, policies, and procedures, including occasional system audits, and will be primary support contact for all new hires, terminations, and user transitions. This individual will also oversee office moves and the installation, repair, and maintenance of devices supported by the Board to ensure high quality service to local, remote, and mobile users, including the Board of Directors. Additionally, this individual provides remote after-hours support via PagerDuty as part of an on-call rotation.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses
* a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, business or related field;
* 3-5 years' hands-on experience delivering technical support, access management, project management, and hardware imaging, deployment, and patch management using Microsoft SCCM and WSUS;
* proficiency in personal computer operating systems, security and office automation software, including Microsoft Windows 10, Active Directory, Exchange, Salesforce, Cisco, Peoplesoft, LogMeIn products, Microsoft SCCM, and Microsoft Office 365;
* experience with personal computer hardware, mobile computing, local area networks, and network printing;
* experience in building, managing, and maintaining a knowledge base containing policies, procedures, documentation, and knowledge base articles related to the Service Desk and the IT team;
* ability to be the primary contact for IT communication to the business;
* ability to effectively communicate with the organization via status updates, newsletters, and written communications;
* experience in diagnosing problems with network and business applications;
* excellent analytical and technical problem-solving abilities;
* excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills;
* the ability to work independently on multiple assignments, following each through to closure;
* the ability to be on-call as part of an after-hours on call support rotation providing remote support via PagerDuty app; and
* the ability to work as part of a highly motivated, fast paced, and effective team.
The Ideal Candidate Strongly Desires to Serve the Board of Pensions with
* the ability to analyzing user needs, providing solutions, and resolving Service Desk issues;
* the desire to stay current and maintain a level of expertise with technology advances in personal computer hardware and software via seminars, literature, and formal training;
* the ability to learn and understand the work of the Board's business units;
* the ability to take initiative and proactively support and anticipate client needs; and
* a positive, problem solving, solution driven client focus.
The Ideal Candidate Would Receive
* medical and retirement benefits, plus ...
* a minimum of 22 days' personal leave, plus sick time and paid holidays
* employer matching contributions to 403(b)(9) plan
* up to 70 percent tuition reimbursement
* health and well-being resources;
* satisfaction gained from working for a service-oriented employer; and
* volunteer and other service opportunities in the community at large.